- 5 pounds medium red potatoes, halved
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into 3/4-in. cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 17 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forRed Potato and Egg Salad
"This is Great............a new staple at our house. Even taste better the next day."
"Oops! Forgot to rate it."
"Very good! My husband said he hoped I saved the recipe so that I could make it again!"
"quick because you don't have to peel. We love it without waiting overnight.,"
"I love this recipe...I make it a least once a month....The added flavor of relish really gives it a nice taste."