Red Pepper Shrimp Bisque
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked shrimp (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and roasted peppers to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to the saucepan. Add sugar and paprika; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp, cream, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 400 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 1284mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 9, 2013
Oh my! This recipe was off the charts! I didn't have any chicken broth, so I used half of one of those Knorr vegetable cubes dissolved in hot water. I used half and half cream instead of whipping cream, to cut down the calories a bit. I served this with slices of toasted olive bread, and a brownie for dessert. This is my favorite soup ever. Restaurant quality! Thank you!
Mar 17, 2010
I loved this soup. I didn't have any paprika in the house so I used cayenne pepper. Still very good. Thanks for sharing.