Red Pepper Jalapeno Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, patted dry
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and sour cream. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, red peppers and jalapenos. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 126 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 28, 2014
These were very good. Made as-is as an accompaniment to white chicken chili.
Apr 3, 2012
These are excellent. We ate them with a tortillini soup.
Oct 10, 2008
These are great! They're barely more work than the ol' boxed cornmuffins, but so much tastier. They look impressive and are wonderfully moist.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.