- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, patted dry
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and sour cream. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, red peppers and jalapenos.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forRed Pepper Jalapeno Muffins
"These are excellent. We ate them with a tortillini soup."
"These are great! They're barely more work than the ol' boxed cornmuffins, but so much tastier. They look impressive and are wonderfully moist."