Red Pepper Green Bean Roll-Ups
Delicious and healthy, this appetizer is a yummy way to eat green beans. The roll-ups can be prepared ahead of time, and guests always comment on how tasty and different they are.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + marinating
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 15 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 jar (7-1/4 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, well drained
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed minced fresh parsley
- Place green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Place the beans in a large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and toss to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Trim crusts from bread. With a rolling pin, flatten each slice slightly. Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread about 1 teaspoon on each slice of bread.
- Cut roasted peppers into 1/2-in. slices. Drain and discard marinade. Place three green beans and two pepper slices on each slice of bread. Roll up from a long side and secure with a toothpick. Brush with butter; roll in parsley. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, discard toothpicks and cut each roll into three pieces.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 104 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Green Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Appetizers in Taste of Home June/July 2006
Jun 19, 2019
People at church really loved these, I thought they were just ok.
Sep 2, 2013
This was a nice appetizer for my father's birthday dinner. I served a pretty heavy meal so I wanted a light starter.