Red Pepper-Curry Chicken
The everyday ingredients in this dish are transformed into a colorful weeknight meal. The sauce beautifully coats the chicken. —John Slivon, Milton, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
- Flatten chicken slightly. Cut red pepper in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Brush with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill chicken and red pepper, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Baste chicken occasionally with mayonnaise mixture.
- Chop red pepper and toss with parsley. Serve chicken with red pepper and sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup pepper mixture and 1 tablespoon sauce: 508 calories, 34g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Red Pepper-Curry Chicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.