Red Pepper Corn
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. Place the corn, red pepper and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until corn is tender; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
3/4 cup: 130 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 466mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Apr 30, 2017
Easy and delicious. Hard to get better than that. I used fresh corn.
Feb 21, 2015
Really good. I forgot to drain the corn, but it was fine. Looking toward to making it correctly next time. I may use a bit more chili powder as well.
Jul 20, 2011
A nice twist on a staple side dish. The maple syrup gives it a real nice flavor