Red Onion Foccacia for Two
Our Test Kitchen suggests this delicious but quick way to make focaccia using frozen bread dough.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 red onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough together. Roll out into a 7-in. circle. Place on greased 7-1/2-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Brush with oil. Top with onion slices. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic salt; brush over warm foccacia. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 244 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 573mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Red Onion Focaccia in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook