VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive or canola oil
- 2 red onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough together. Roll out into a 7-in. circle. Place on greased 7-1/2-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Brush with oil. Top with onion slices. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic salt; brush over warm foccacia. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Red Onion Focaccia in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p261