Red Onion and Tomato Salad
THIS is a pretty salad to serve anytime of the year. It's a simple salad that goes well with any entree. The celery leaves are a nice touch in color and enhances the taste.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- Pinch dried basil
- Divide the greens between two salad plates; top with tomato and onion. Sprinkle with celery and celery leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, cream and basil; drizzle over salads.
Originally published as Tomato Salad in Reminisce Extra March 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.