THIS is a pretty salad to serve anytime of the year. It's a simple salad that goes well with any entree. The celery leaves are a nice touch in color and enhances the taste.
Recommended: 30 Fresh Tomato Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- Pinch dried basil
- Divide the greens between two salad plates; top with tomato and onion. Sprinkle with celery and celery leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, cream and basil. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Red Onion and Tomato Salad in Reminisce Extra March 2007, p52