Red Curry-Pandan Ice Cream
The curry and coconut flavors are subtle, allowing the flavor of pandan leaves to shine. Pandan is a tropical plant that grows in Southeast Asia with a naturally sweet, bright flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 pandan leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick red curry powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, pandan and curry powder. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Cover and steep for 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard pandan leaves. In a blender, combine the cream of coconut, whipping cream, food coloring if desired and milk mixture. Cover and process until blended.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.