Red Clam Sauce Over Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter and oil for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomato sauce, clams, parsley, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with linguine.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without linguine): 115 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 23, 2013
Excellent! I made this for a family dinner and there were no leftovers.
Feb 17, 2013
I use this recipe at least once a month. My husband and children love it! Since we like the taste and chewiness of the clams, the only change I make is to add 2 cans of clams to the recipe. It's really delicious :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.