Red Beans and Rice Salad
Mango lends a sweet tropical twist to our Test Kitchen's warm weather version of red beans and rice. Green pepper and onion add crunch to the chilled concoction that's tossed with salsa, then sprinkled with cilantro just before serving.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled mango or peaches (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup salsa, well drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.