Red and Green Casserole
This recipe is at least 100 years old. Make it once and you'll see why it has been a favorite for over a century!—Joan Latourette, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onions and peppers until vegetables are tender. Drain well. Stir in soup, water, sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir in noodles. Turn into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.