- 8 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir chocolate and butter until melted; cool slightly. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs for 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat until thick, about 3 minutes. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Fold in flour and nuts if desired.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. square baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Sprinkle each pan with 1 cup of marshmallows. Broil until marshmallows are golden brown, about 30-60 seconds. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forReally Rocky Road Brownies
"I love these brownies so much! Make sure to keep an eye on the marshmallows when you are broiling them; they get brown fast! Also it's a bit hard to cut these brownies because they are messy, I found using a knife dipped in hot water does the trick."