Re-baked Potatoes Recipe
- 6 to 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 to 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Additional shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Pierce potatoes with a fork; rub with oil if desired. Bake at 400° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 2. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. Place pulp, butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and mash. Fold in green onions, bacon, cheese and pepper. Spoon into potato shells. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Let stand 3-5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
B>Breakfast Variation: Follow recipe above but press an indentation or hole in the middle of each stuffed potato; refrigerate until set. Bake as directed. Remove from the oven and crack one egg into each indentation. Bake until the egg is firm and the white opaque, about 10 minutes.