These started out as breakfast for Christmas morning. I added all the goodies that I liked on a baked potato. Another great thing is that this can be made ahead of time. One year I made a casserole with the extra mixture I had. Pair with Gallo® Family Vineyards Sonoma Reserve Chardonnay.—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 1-1/2 hours Bake: 30 min.
- 6 to 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 to 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Additional shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; rub with oil if desired. Bake at 400° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. Place pulp, butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and mash. Fold in green onions, bacon, cheese and pepper. Spoon into potato shells. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Let stand 3-5 minutes.
B>Breakfast Variation: Follow recipe above but press an indentation or hole in the middle of each stuffed potato; refrigerate until set. Bake as directed. Remove from the oven and crack one egg into each indentation. Bake until the egg is firm and the white opaque, about 10 minutes.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.