Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups corn chips, optional
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, salsa and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 -45 minutes or until thickened and heated through.
- Serve in bowls over corn chips if desired. Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 165 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2014
Easy and excellent!
Sep 28, 2010
Loved it! Our kitchen is gluten-free for our Celiac daughter, no season packets for us, and this recipe has lots of flavor.
Sep 3, 2009
Go Razorbacks-I live in Fayetteville, AR. Chili sounds wonderful, will try it soon.