This recipe is perfect to whip up for football season. We serve if over corn chips and top it with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. This chili was a game-day favorite back in college after cheering on the Razorbacks.—Tamara Duncan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups corn chips, optional
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, salsa and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 -45 minutes or until thickened and heated through.
- Serve in bowls over corn chips if desired. Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Oct 8, 2014
Easy and excellent!
Sep 28, 2010
Loved it! Our kitchen is gluten-free for our Celiac daughter, no season packets for us, and this recipe has lots of flavor.
Sep 3, 2009
Go Razorbacks-I live in Fayetteville, AR. Chili sounds wonderful, will try it soon.