- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomatoes, tomato paste, onions, parsley, garlic, basil, sugar, oregano, onion salt, salt, pepper and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Add to soup and heat through. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with additional parsley if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forRavioli Soup
"Made this soup for the first time tonight. I didnt think of it as a soup. 1st, it was more like a pasta sauce with ravioli. 2nd, there wasnt enought ravioli for all that sauce. The taste was good, but still not the consistency of soup. Next time I will halve the the tomatoes and add chicken broth to make it more like soup."
"I really loved the sauce that makes up the soup!! The flavor was excellent, and even my little girl said it was very good! :)"
"very good everyone liked it."
"Great thick and flavorful soup! I halved the recipe to feed my family of 6. I only had cheese tortellini on hand so I used that instead of ravioli and used the whole 9 oz. packages, the amount was perfect. I left out the tomato paste and used a 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes and added 1/2 cup beef broth and enough water to equal a soupish consistency. Very yummy, and super easy! :D"
"I made this recipe as written with the following exceptions: onion powder instead of onion, dried parsley, and a 24 oz. bag of frozen ravioli. It made a nice, thick soup with plenty of ravioli. Will definitely make again."
"I doubled this recipe and there was NONE left!! This was wonderful!!"
"I absolutely loved this <3 Nothing bad to say about it :) Very easy to make."
"I thought that this recipe was fantastic! I used fresh basil (about 6 large leafs, chopped) and I also added a cup of chicken broth and 3/4 cup of cream (half and half) and about double the garlic, and it made it even better!"