- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Oil for frying
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 42 lollipop sticks
- Warm marinara sauce and prepared pesto
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and seasonings. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip ravioli in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large electric or cast-iron skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. If desired, immediately sprinkle with cheese. Carefully insert a lollipop stick into back of each ravioli. Serve warm with marinara sauce and pesto. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forRavioli Appetizer Pops
"We really enjoyed these! I omitted the red pepper flakes since my little one can't handle the heat. I ended up ditching the sticks for mine but my daughter loved the idea of eating a ravioli this way!! I love that no seasoning mixes were used but rather my own spices!"
"Very nice little appetizer * Goes together very quickly. I used packaged Tortellini as that is what I had on hand. I pre cooked the dried pasta for just a few minutes to soften up. That aids in making the coating stick to the pasta.. I also added a small slice of Grape Tomato to each speared crispy fried Tortellini. I have made very similar recipes before and it has always been a winner. I have served them with both spaghetti and pizza sauce. Both are very good.Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"