This traditional French dish is always welcome at our table. It makes great use of summer’s garden bounty.——Donna Rushing, Balk, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch, saute all the ingredients until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 77 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Ratatouille in Country Woman July/August 1992