- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups cubed peeled eggplant
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, pepper and onion in 2 teaspoons oil until almost tender. Add the eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Saute for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In another skillet, cook polenta slices in remaining oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with ratatouille; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRatatouille with Polenta
"I was looking for a good rattatouille recipe. This was a hit with the entire family. I made it with no changes to the recipe. The kids were a little worried about all the veggies, but they enjoyed it!"
"I make this about once a month. Last night I mad it and had leftovers so today I took some of the vegetables and warmed them in a skillet, added two scrambled eggs and had a delish and filling breakfast!"
"Great recipe to use up summer vegetables. We didn't have polenta so we served it over cheese grits, delicious!"
"It's so easy to make. Plus it's meat free, so I can serve it to my many vegetarian friends."
"Both the Ratatouille & the Polenta were a 'first' for our family. I made the Ratatouille as directed, but did not peel the eggplant since I was using baby eggplants and find that they are more tender than the larger variety. I would definitely use the polenta with this dish - just be sure to brown/crisp the outside by broiling, grilling, or frying. It really adds a nice touch and a different texture to the ratatouille. This dish turned out delicious! Simple but very satisfying!! My family really enjoyed it and told me the recipe was one to keep."
"I LOVED this recipe!! I tried it not knowing if I'd like it because I had never had polenta before. I could not find polenta in the store and ended up making homeade which was really easy too."