Ratatouille with a Twist
Before this variation came along, my family always ate ratatouille as a veggie. My husband’s suggestion to incorporate sausage turned out to be a big hit, and now it’s an entree. Try using sweet Italian sausages if you'd like less heat. —Susan Tremblay, Berlin, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 hot Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut-up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, cook sausages until no longer pink. Cut into 1/2-in. slices; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, soup, onion, garlic, basil and oregano. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until flavors are blended. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without pasta): 262 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 902mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Ratatouille with a Twist in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012