Ratatouille Sausage Saute
“Trying to get more vegetables into your diet? This skillet dish is a great way!” assures Sally Hook of Montgomery, Texas. It’s also a great entree for those on a low-carb diet.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the eggplant, zucchini and green pepper; saute 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomato, salt, basil, oregano and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 247 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1748mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 8g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Ratatouille Sausage Saute in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.