“Trying to get more vegetables into your diet? This skillet dish is a great way!” assures Sally Hook of Montgomery, Texas. It’s also a great entree for those on a low-carb diet.
Recommended: 30 Fresh Ways to Use Up Zucchini
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the kielbasa, onion and garlic until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Add the eggplant, zucchini and green pepper; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomato, salt, basil, oregano and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ratatouille Sausage Saute in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p47