No one refuses to eat their vegetables when you serve this colorful quiche. My family loves the rich flavors that develop when the veggies caramelize. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 small eggplant, peeled
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Finely chop the eggplant, zucchini, green pepper, tomato and onion. In a large skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to prepared pastry; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; pour over cheese. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 481 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 275mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Ratatouille Quiche in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.