Raspberry White Chocolate Mousse
Raspberry sauce is an appealing base for this fluffy white chocolate mousse. The treasured treat is surprisingly easy and a delightful change of pace from heavier cakes and pies.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a blender, combine the raspberries, sugar and orange juice concentrate; cover and process until smooth. Press through a sieve; discard seeds. Refrigerate sauce.
- In a large saucepan cook and stir cream and white chocolate over low heat, until chocolate is melted. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Beat cream mixture on high speed until light and fluffy, about 1-1/2 minutes (do not over beat). Just before serving, melt chocolate chips and oil in a microwave or saucepan. Spoon 2 tablespoons of raspberry sauce on each plate. Pipe or spoon 1/2 cup chocolate mousse over sauce; drizzle with melted chocolate. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 410 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry White Chocolate Mousse in Taste of Home February/March 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.