Raspberry sauce is an appealing base for this fluffy white chocolate mousse. The treasured treat is surprisingly easy and a delightful change of pace from heavier cakes and pies.
Recommended: Holiday Cheesecake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a blender, combine the raspberries, sugar and orange juice concentrate; cover and process until smooth. Press through a sieve; discard seeds. Refrigerate sauce.
- In a large saucepan cook and stir cream and white chocolate over low heat, until chocolate is melted. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Beat cream mixture on high speed until light and fluffy, about 1-1/2 minutes (do not over beat). Just before serving, melt chocolate chips and oil in a microwave or saucepan. Spoon 2 tablespoons of raspberry sauce on each plate. Pipe or spoon 1/2 cup chocolate mousse over sauce; drizzle with melted chocolate. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry White Chocolate Mousse in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p25
Reviews forRaspberry White Chocolate Mousse
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2010
"This recipe is awesome. Very fattening, but worth it."