Raspberry Walnut Torte
I get lots of compliments on this sweet treat filled with nuts and fruity flavor. It was a favorite at the tearoom I once operated.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry preserves, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well. Add flour; mix until blended. Stir in walnuts. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2-in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Spread 1/4 cup preserves over crust. In a bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine coconut, walnuts, flour and baking powder; fold into egg mixture. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool; remove sides of pan. Thin remaining preserves with water. Spread over torte.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 542 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Walnut Torte in Country Woman Christmas 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.