Raspberry Vanilla Trifle Recipe
When I was growing up, my English mother made this as the centerpiece at our traditional Christmas Day tea. Presented in a cut glass bowl, it's absolutely stunning.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 10 soft macaroon cookies
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine milk and pudding mix. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Cool. Cut cake into 1-in. slices; spread with jam. Cut into 1-in. cubes. Place cubes jam side up in a 3-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Drizzle with orange juice.
- 2. Place macaroons in a food processor, cover and pulse until coarse crumbs form. Set aside 1/4 cup crumbs for garnish; sprinkle remaining crumbs over cake cubes. Top with berries and pudding. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat cream until thickened. Beat in confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over trifle. Sprinkle with almonds and reserved macaroon crumbs. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 327 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Vanilla Trifle
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC