Raspberry Turkey Tenderloins
Fast to prepare, even quicker to grill, this dish is always a winner at my house. We both love the raspberry-Dijon sauce. You can substitute chicken breasts for the turkey if you wish. —JoAnn Handley, Mount Dora, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 turkey breast tenderloins (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
- Sprinkle turkey with salt. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill turkey, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 13-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, turning occasionally. Baste with remaining sauce during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 199 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jul 28, 2012
The end result was good - however we added to the sauce. The vinegar was over powering so we added 3 Tbs more of jelly and right before serving some fresh raspberries. My family would eat this again.