Raspberry-Turkey Spinach Salad
This flavorful fruity salad’s a favorite for lunch on hot summer days. Substitute chicken for turkey…and strawberry preserves and berries for raspberry in the dressing if you like.—Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups cubed cooked smoked turkey
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup red raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Divide the spinach, turkey, onion, raspberries and oranges among four serving plates. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the preserves, vinegar and zest until preserves are melted, stirring once; cool slightly. Drizzle over salads.