VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup raspberry liqueur
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cocoa and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate with milk; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in liqueur and cooled chocolate mixture just until combined. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- For sauce, place raspberries and sugar in a blender; cover and process until blended. Press mixture through a fine meshed sieve; discard seeds. Stir in liqueur. Serve with pie. Yield: 8 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Raspberry Truffle Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p93