Raspberry Tossed Salad
Red raspberries brighten this tossed green salad, making it the perfect ingredient for a festive yuletide menu. Raspberry juice brings a special touch to the light oil and vinegar dressing. -Kerry Sullivan, Longwood, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large salad bowl, gently combine the salad greens and 2-3/4 cups raspberries. Mash the remaining berries; strain, reserving juice and discarding seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the raspberry juice, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad; gently toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 47 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 32g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Raspberry Tossed Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.