Here's an easy way to dress up chicken. Lenita Schafer, Princeton, Massachusetts, guarantees you won't miss the fat and calories when you taste this tender poultry with berry sauce.
Recommended: 52 Impressive Slow Cooker Recipes to Wow Your Guests
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Meanwhile, sprinkle thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt over chicken; add to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the preserves, vinegar, pepper and remaining salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted and sauce is heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Thyme Chicken in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p44
Reviews forRaspberry Thyme Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2010
"This quickly became a favorite request in our house. I like pouring the berry sauce on top the chicken a nice tasty change of flavor."