Raspberry Thyme Chicken
Here's an easy way to dress up chicken. Lenita Schafer, Princeton, Massachusetts, guarantees you won't miss the fat and calories when you taste this tender poultry with berry sauce.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Meanwhile, sprinkle thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt over chicken; add to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the preserves, vinegar, pepper and remaining salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted and sauce is heated through. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 227 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Raspberry Thyme Chicken in Light & Tasty October/November 2002