- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Sprinkle thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt over chicken; add to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add the preserves, vinegar, pepper and remaining salt to skillet. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted and sauce is heated through. Spoon onto a serving platter; top with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Thyme Chicken
"This quickly became a favorite request in our house. I like pouring the berry sauce on top the chicken a nice tasty change of flavor."