Raspberry Tapioca Pudding
This ruby-red pudding was a favorite dessert when I was a child growing up in a German family.—Helga Schlape, Florham Park, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup red grape juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon peel strip (1 inch)
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Mash and strain raspberries, reserving juice. Discard seeds. Add enough water to juice to measure 2 cups; pour into a large saucepan. Add grape juice, sugar and lemon peel. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove lemon peel. Add tapioca. Cook and stir for 10 minutes. Pour into bowls. Cover and chill for 4 hours or until set.
- In a bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Serve with pudding.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Tapioca Pudding in Taste of Home August/September 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.