Raspberry-Swirled Lemon Milk Shakes
A basic combination of vanilla ice cream, lemon sorbet and raspberry puree creates an amazing shake in minutes. Pour it into your prettiest glasses and enjoy its cool comfort.—Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur, optional
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup lemon sorbet, softened
- 3/4 cup crushed ice
- Optional garnishes: whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint sprigs
- Place the raspberries, confectioners' sugar and liqueur if desired in a blender; cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds.
- In a clean blender, combine the milk, ice cream, sorbet and ice; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Layer raspberry puree and ice cream mixture into four serving glasses. Garnish as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without optional ingredients): 261 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry-Swirled Lemon Milkshakes in Country Woman June/July 2012