Raspberry Swirled Brownies
Suggests field editor Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska, "Dress up these fruity chocolate bars with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add chocolate syrup and eggs; mix well. Add flour and mix well. Beat cream cheese and preserves until smooth; gently stir in raspberries. Fold into the batter.
- Spread in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool. Cut into 2-1/2-in. diamonds. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 154 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Swirled Brownies in Taste of Home February/March 1997
Jul 27, 2011
These are extremely moist. Almost like they are not completely baked, however, I did bake them for 35 min and they were pulling away from the edge of the pan. The flavor is nice but they could be eaten with a fork.