- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Remove 2-1/3 cups batter to a small bowl; stir in preserves until blended. Pour half of the plain batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Top with raspberry batter, then remaining plain batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. If desired, serve with raspberries and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Swirl Pound Cake
"We really loved this delicious pound cake! We will fix this again!!"