Bake this up when you want to treat your family to something special and sweet. The raspberries and mint add a springtime freshness, too. —Carly Curtin, Ellicott City, Maryland
Recommended: 55 of Our Favorite Berry Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Remove 2-1/3 cups batter to a small bowl; stir in preserves until blended. Pour half of the plain batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Top with raspberry batter, then remaining plain batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. If desired, serve with raspberries and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews forRaspberry Swirl Pound Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2017
"We really loved this delicious pound cake! We will fix this again!!"