Raspberry Sparkle Drop Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar blend
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- In a small bowl, beat the shortening, butter and sugar until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; dip tops in gelatin. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda sugar blend.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 92 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Dec 10, 2011
I make these for Marines my husband works with and they go crazy over them! Thinking about making them for the Christmas cookie contest. I don't use sugar free Jello anymore because it has a chemical-like taste to me. Easy to make but I can't "shape into balls" because the dough is gooey but I still manage to dip them in Jello.
Nov 3, 2011
Very easy and quick to make, and the results are delicious. Especially good for last-minute bake sales, parties, etc.
Apr 16, 2011
Unfortunately this recipe did not work out. the cookies did not spread out and they were dry. I checked my ingredients twice.
Apr 12, 2011
Very good and versatile recipe. I used whole wheat flour and oatmeal flour at different times making them and no one knew it wasn't regular flour. I am diabetic and my husband has a heart condition so substitution is the name of the game when coming to eating treats. The rest of the family likes the changes too. So enjoy they are good.
Apr 12, 2011
These sound great and I would love to try them but with regular sugar. Is the measurement for regular the same as the Splenda? Thanks!