- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a ribbon disk, press long strips onto ungreased baking sheets; cut ends to release from disk. Cut each strip into 2-in. lengths (no need to separate them).
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Re-cut cookies if necessary. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Spread jam on bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Dip each end of cookies in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip. Dip in sprinkles. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forRaspberry Sandwich Spritz
"These are my new favorite Christmas cookies! I've made them for three years now, and they are the first ones gone."
"These were simple to make but look so impressive - all of my co-workers asked where I bought them! :-) I love the combination of raspberry and chocolate, although I think I would like to also try orangefilling as well. I also think when I make them the next time, I will cut the pieces just a little smaller (maybe 1 1/2" pieces instead of 2"...just personal preference) The spritz dough recipe worked beautifully in my cookie press, too! This is definitely a recipe I'll be adding to my collection - Thanks!"