Raspberry Royal Pie Recipe
Raspberry Royal Pie—the producer group's "signature pie"—showcases the jewel-tones fruit. Its shortbread type crust is a change of pace, and pecans pair nicely with the berries.
- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat all of the crust ingredients until well mixed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. pie pan. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Drain the raspberries, reserving syrup; set aside. Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; add water and raspberry syrup. Simmer until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and fold in berries. Pour into the crust. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 260 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Royal Pie
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC