VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pat into an ungreased 9-in. pie pan. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Meanwhile, drain the raspberries, reserving syrup; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water and raspberry syrup. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and fold in berries. Pour into the crust. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Royal Pie in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p13