Raspberry Rice Pudding
Jennifer Eggebraaten's family enjoys this pleasing pudding all year long. "We love it because it only takes a fraction of the time of old-fashioned baked rice pudding," she writes from her Hastings, Michigan kitchen. "It's easily our favorite dessert."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a bowl, beat the cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Stir in the rice, jam and food coloring if desired. Spoon into serving dishes. Garnish with raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 517 calories, 33g fat (21g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Rice Pudding in Quick Cooking July/August 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.