Raspberry Rice Pudding
Jennifer Eggebraaten's family enjoys this pleasing pudding all year long. "We love it because it only takes a fraction of the time of old-fashioned baked rice pudding," she writes from her Hastings, Michigan kitchen. "It's easily our favorite dessert."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a bowl, beat the cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Stir in the rice, jam and food coloring if desired. Spoon into serving dishes. Garnish with raspberries.