Raspberry Red Cabbage Slaw
This colorful slaw is a flavorful side dish I serve often for many family get-togethers.—Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded radicchio
- 2 cups watercress
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pickled beets, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sliced almonds, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegars, jam, allspice, salt and pepper flakes until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with almonds if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 97 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Red Cabbage Raspberry Slaw in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008