Raspberry Pork Chops
These fruity chops look a little fancy, yet they're quite simple to prepare. My family can't eat just one, so I often double the recipe. —Barbara Workman, What Cheer, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Coat pork chops with flour and shake off excess. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side. Pour lemon juice over chops. Combine the jam, salt, ginger and pepper; spread over chops. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until chops are tender and meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 331 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Pork Chops in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002