- 4-1/2 cups chopped or coarsely ground peeled pitted fresh plums (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 10 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup bottled lemon juice
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine the plums, raspberries, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 pints.
Reviews forRaspberry Plum Jam
"I have made this jam for two years. It is delicious and everyone's favorite!"